Updated: Mar 17, 2020
It is during times like this where we turn to our core values to support one another:
- Listening to Understand
These enduring values guide us as we face the difficult challenge of responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19), which the World Health Organization declared a pandemic last Wednesday.
Our hearts and thoughts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event and we appreciate you (the educators), healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working to contain this coronavirus. Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation around the clock and have put protocols in place internally to handle rescheduling professional learning over the coming weeks.
Rescheduling Spring Events
Keeping your safety in mind, we will also be rescheduling the following events based on CDC, state and local official guidelines:
- MAR 23: Staten Island NGSS Storylining Workshop
- MAR 30: Kern County Impact Teams Foundation Day
- APR 07: Staten Island Hacking Assessment Foundation
If you have questions on canceling your work order contact the TCC Team at 619-432-CORE (2673). You can also email email@example.com and she can assist you.
Rescheduling Job-Embedded School-Based Consulting
If you need to reschedule job-embedded, school-based professional learning please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team is here to assist you.
With heavy hearts, we are canceling our flagship event, MindFuelED 2020, in Vail, Colorado due to the pandemic and district travel freezes. Make sure you cancel your Hyatt Reservation and airline reservation immediately. Connect with email@example.com to cancel your attendance.
We will have more information about the future of MindFuelED in the coming weeks.
Keep Learning with TCC • 7 Opportunities for Growth
I want to thank you in advance for putting your trust in Core Collaborative for learner-centered, job-embedded professional learning. To keep you learning we have some exciting options.
- We will be offering a free Canvas Course focusing on Learning Goals and Success Criteria and Self and Peer Assessment by the end of the month. You can receive graduate credit through Brandman University or CTLE credit if you are from NYC. Watch your email and social media for registration opportunities. There is a 82.00 fee for the graduate credit from Brandman. If you are interested contact our TCC team to learn more.
- Attend our 3rd Thursday Webinar Masterclass Series hosted by TCC Thought Leader, Isaac Wells. This week Isaac hosts Trent Hall, IncludED Equity Thought Partner, with a focus on The Power of Student Voice. March 19 at 7:30 Eastern. You can learn from past TCC Masterclasses at the Core Collaborative YouTube Channel.
- #CoreChat every Tuesday on Twitter @TheSocialCore • 6:30-7:00 PM EST.
- Stay tuned for AuthorED & InspirED with Mimi and Todd Press Publisher, Starr Sackstein. Check out interviews with authors who discuss why they wrote their book(s). Engage with their inspiration and intended hope for sharing it with the world. Stay tuned for our debut this month.
- Check out The Core Communiqué, our TCC blog curated by Starr Sackstein. There are lots of things to learn and we are always looking for authors to write thought-provoking content. If you want to contribute, email Starr.
- Subscribe to The Core Collaborative YouTube Channel for great ideas on supporting the formative assessment process in your classroom or check out our 3rd Thursday Masterclass Archived Webinar Series. There are also some great videos of our partner consultants in action.
- Collaborate with us in our TCC Facebook Groups: Hacking School Discipline: Nathan Maynard & Brad Weinstein, Hacking Questions: Connie Hamilton, Leading Impact Teams: P. Bloomberg, B. Pitchford, I. Wells, Teachers Throwing Out Grades: Starr Sackstein
Together…We Can Make a Difference
The words of Margaret Meade have rung loud and clear over the past week,
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.
You are on the front lines making a difference every day and we applaud you. Stay safe and healthy. Together we will make even a bigger difference!
Dr. Paul Bloomberg,
The TCC Leadership Team,
Sarah, Brian, Starr, Alison, Leah & Tony