For decades we have poured our time, energy, and resources into systems and/or mental/logical models in which value is to be determined by academic achievement and conformity. Our children spend most of their first 18 years in schools when test scores and grades alone drive decision-making, the humanity of students, faculty, and staff can be sacrificed.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results. – Albert Einstein
Trent Hall believes that the time has come for different actions. Together we will consider the following questions:
- What does it look like when our schools focus on inherent human worth through the power of relationship, empathy, and student voice?
- How might this reality impact the culture of a school and all that reside in it?
- What tangible outcomes do we gain when we develop our collective humanity and allow students to take the forefront?
I strongly encourage you to set aside an hour Thursday, March 19th (4:30 Pacific/7:30 Eastern) to consider how you can change the way students interact with each other and the adults who mentor them.
Join this reflective and passionate educator to explore how Student Voice Circles can shift culture. By the end of this Master Class, you will:
- Understand why change is necessary
- Learn how to get started with Student Voice Circles
- Envision how Student Voice Circles will impact your school or system
- Get in on the discussion and discover how you and your colleagues can create schools in which students are truly IncludED.
Who: IncludED Facilitator Trent Hall
What: Register here for The Power of Student Voice
When: Thursday, March 19th (4:30 Pacific/7:30 Eastern)* (Tonight)
Why: Schools can be places that focus on students’ academic and emotional well-being. Student voice circles are a powerful way to begin the journey.
*This time doesn’t work for you? No problem! Register and we will send you a recording of the webinar by the start of the next week.
Have a burning question or an educational topic or strategy you want to learn more about?Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and we may be able to plan a TCC Master Class webinar, #CoreChat, or Core Communique blog to continue your journey of professional learning.