Join partner consultant and contributing Peer Power author Katie Smith for our August TCC Master Class Series webinar “Personalized Professional Learning Through Collaborative Inquiry”.
Professional learning in education has often lagged behind the quality of instruction we expect from our teachers in the classroom. This incongruity led to Katie Smith and others exploring the questions:
- How can we empower teacher teams to take ownership of their professional learning?
- How can we give teachers agency and truly shift the conversation in teacher teams from teaching to learning?
Katie and others have had outstanding success shifting the paradigm in teacher teams from a focus on teaching to one on learning. If we want students to take ownership of their learning in the classroom, we must allow teachers to take hold of their professional learning.
The Impact Team Inquiry Cycle model provides a structure for teachers to engage in meaningful collaborative inquiry that supports larger school-wide goals. Take an hour out of your day to walk through a team’s inquiry so you can fully understand the model and its ultimate impact on student learning.
Learn how teachers plan for collaborative inquiry using a three-phase structure:
- Ideate – determine and clarify which practice the team will improve and why
- Design- create a plan for collecting and analyzing evidence concerning this practice
- Envision Success – identify the success criteria for students and teachers who have fully embraced and implemented this practice
Join Katie to determine how Inquiry Cycles can move learning forward for your team!
Who: Partner Consultant and Author Katie Smith
What: Register here for Personalized Professional Learning Through Collaborative Inquiry
When: Thursday, August 20th (4:30 Pacific/7:30 Eastern)*
Why: Learn how your team(s) can use inquiry cycles to take ownership of your professional learning and impact student learning.
*This time doesn’t work for you? No problem! Register and we will send you a recording of the webinar by the start of the next week.
Have a burning question or an educational topic or strategy you want to learn more about? Let us know at email@example.com and we may be able to plan a TCC Master Class webinar, #CoreChat, or Core Communique blog to continue your journey of professional learning.